As promised, here are a few more details about the camping week coming up. As usual it will be very relaxed and informal with the only scheduled activities taking place on Sunday 8th August when we have the team relay race in the afternoon followed by a BBQ. Come for the whole week, a couple of nights, or just a day!
Team Relay Race, Sunday 8th 2pm
This will be a fun race with teams of boats racing in relay around a short course close to the shore. Find out more on the team relay race page.
BBQ, Sunday 8th 6.30pm
All are welcome to the Sunday evening BBQ whether you're staying or not. For a £5 per head contribution there will be plenty to eat from the BBQ and a little wine, Prosecco, and beer to drink. Please bring a salad, side, or pud to share if you can and please let us know if you're coming (email or WhatsApp by Thursday) so we can make sure we have enough to go around.
The club SUPs and club boats (SL16s - probably just one) will be free to use for the week but please keep to 1 or 2 hour sessions. There will be a booking sheet at the club to book slots. If anybody has a robust craft that they'd be willing to add to the fleet we'd be very grateful. Note that the club boats can only be used by members of the free-to-join club boat scheme.
For the rest of the week we will see what the weather is doing and plan activities (or not) on a day by day basis. For anyone not staying at the club we will post plans on WhatsApp the night before. Potential activities include:
On the water:
- Cruise to the Isle of Wight
- Americas Cup style match racing
- Speed Challenge
- Intro to Club Boats session
- Intro to SUP session
- Paddle Safari
- Night Boating
Off the water:
- Fish and Chip Supper
- Indian at the Bombay Bay (via RIB ferry)
- Tour of The Portsmouth Distillery (just across the channel in Fort Cumberland - sail?...).
If you have any other ideas, get in touch!
- As per club policy, please camp either in the compound or in the area adjacent to the compound gates.
- We now have a small fridge for essentials (i.e. cold beers).
- Please take as much rubbish as you can home with you.
See you there!